Comments Off on Catholic Scouts / Ad Altare Dei 2009-2010
Subject: Altare Dei session beginning at St. Thomas More – first meeting on September 20, 3 pm
Catholic Scouts (and parents/guardians) interested in earning the Ad Altare Dei during 2009-2010 religious awards cycle:
What, When, Where:
An Ad Altare Dei (AAD) orientation and introduction meeting for Boy Scouts (and their parents) will be held at St Thomas More (STM) on Sunday, September 20 from 3 pm to 5:15 pm at the school cafeteria. Signs will be posted; the school is located behind church.
- Eligibility: Catholic Boy Scouts who have completed the 6th grade (regardless of troop or parish).
- Scouts: please attend in uniform as this a scouting activity, and you are setting an example for other Catholic scouts.
- I will end this session on time for those who wish to STM 5:30 pm mass.
- The first 30 minutes or so sets the expectations of the program – I would ask parents to stay for that part – and then jump I will into Section One: Introduction.
- Also, please bring your Scout Handbook, bible, pen/pencil, and AAD Scout Manual. (Note: The AAD Scout Manual is available at the Boy Scout Shop – don’t buy the Counselor’s and Review Guide, or online at https://www.praypub.org/praypub/ProductList.asp. If you don’t yet have the AAD Scout Manual, or just want to learn about the program, no problem, just ring paper too and prepare to take notes so you can capture requirements to fill in later.
Key dates to put on calendars now–additional AAD meetings will also be scheduled:
Scouting Religious Award Retreat (registration attached) Note: For AAD candidates attending the Retreat expect the section on Holy Orders to be covered. I don’t spend time on this in class.
January 23 (Colorado Springs) or January 30 (Parker)
Boards of Review
Scout Sunday (awards presented or available)
By way of this email, I am extending an invitation to others who want to earn this Catholic Scouting award. I am looking forward to the Retreat as well – feel free to share the flyer with other scouts.
Questions? Please call or respond.
Yours in Catholic Scouting,
Chair, Scouting Religious Awards
Arapahoe District, Denver Area Council
Philmont 2009 – Denver Area contingent
Trek 4 Lead Advisor
Assistant Scoutmaster 2 (Quartermaster), Troop 910
Denver Area Council
2010 National Jamboree
Comments Off on Troop 88 Scribe Notes – 9-1-09
Troop 88 Scribe Notes
September 1, 2009
8th – Committee Meeting, no meeting for scouts
11th – Patriot Day
11-12th ITOLS Training for Adults
12th – Mountain Bike Day CANCELLED
Court of Honor
When Sun, September 13, 1pm – 6pm
Where Mr. Albee’s House (map)
Description 12662 N 2nd St Parker CO. 303.841-8990 Pig Roast and Court of Honor Full Dress Uniform Tentative Agenda Bring: Chairs, Silverware, Plates & Cups, Napkins and Beverage Lemonade and Water will be served (Small tables if you have them) Side Dishes to serve 8, Camera and Sun Screen
12:00 Set – Up
1:00 Food Service
2:30 – Ceremony Begins – Flag Ceremony – Court of Honor – Flag Retirement – Closing
14th – Town Hall Flag Ceremony @ 6:30
Need At Least 6 Boys or More for flag ceremony. If you are working on your citizenship in the community merit badge this is an excellent event to attend for sign off on attending an official town meeting.
15th – Regular Meeting
Service – Predators, Skit/Song – F&I Dragons, Game – Bats
18-19th – Camporee Training & Planning (Mr. Buchart heading it up, at Mr. Lutz’s house)
22nd – Campfire Meeting (Mr. Ski)
24-27th Camporee (Mr. Bender)
29th – No Troop Fun Night, Haunted House!!!! We will be working on construction of the haunted house on Tuesday, 29th. More details will be given out during meetings.
We will now resume wearing Neckerchiefs as a troop.
Yours in Scouting,