As it has done for about the last 10 years, the Denver Area Council will have Scout Ski days at Copper Mountain on two Saturdays in December, the 5th, and the 19th.
You get a discounted lift ticket to Copper Mountain for $25 (compared to the regular $75 price).
Plus, you get a free chili lunch. And free bagel breakfast too.
You do have to arrange for your own equipment rental and your own transportation.
They have done this with Copper Mountain for a long time, maybe 10 years, and it’s a good opportunity to go skiing at a good discount if the timing works for you.
Tickets have to purchased ahead of time. This is not available at the base.
This is open to friends and family. It is not limited strictly to scouts, so parents can take their other children too.
If you are interested in Dec 5th, that is coming up fast, and you would want to contact the arranger, Mr. Hansen yourself.
We have lots of time to make arrangements before Dec 19th though. If you are interested, and if I can collect your $25 AND the permission form at the scout meeting on Dec 1st, then I will work together with Mrs. Bennett (moc.liamtohnull@momtliuqxor) so we can distribute the tickets back to you at the scout meetings on Dec 8th or 15th (I’ll be at both for your convenience.)
The Venture Crew is looking at Dec 19th especially since finals are done and school will be out then.
Maybe we will see you there?
See attached document.
Let me know if I can talk about that more.
Please return completed survey to Mr Skalisky asap. All parents helping just a little makes Troop 88 a more successful troop.
Thanks for all your support!
Troop 88 Parent Survey
We have the troop leadership training (JLT) on Friday the 4th of December at 6:00 pm to 12:00ish on Saturday. This is a really important meeting the troop has every year where we cover leadership skills as well as planning the calendar for the next year. It is really important that we get everyone (including adults) to be there if at all possible. Not to mention its a lot of fun too! Friday night will be a fun night with pizza, soda, and movies so it is definitely worth showing up on Friday, although the planning will be on Saturday morning.
When: Saturday, January 2, 2010
Games start: 10:15pm
Where: South Suburban Ice Rink
For leaders and parents, we provided a good overview of training for leaders, and people associated with making the troop and things happen.
This form can also be found under our Troop pages – under Scouting > Troop 88 Forms > Adult Leader Basic Training 2009
Just a reminder about the Troop 88 Christmas Party!
When: Tuesday, December 15th
Time: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Potluck Items to serve 10:
Last Names From A – C: Bring Cornbread
Last Names From D – N: Bring Chili
Last Names From O – S: Bring a Dessert
Last Names From T – Z: Bring Drinks
Comments Off on Merit Badge Counselor List
Attached is the most current Troop 88 Merit Badge Counselor list (as of 11/09/2009). If you have any questions about merit badges that don’t have a Troop 88 counselor, or you would like to work with a counselor outside the Troop, please contact Mr. Best – he has a copy of the Denver Area Counselor list, and can assist you in finding a counselor that is close to where you live.
Please refer to the Troop registered adult roster for phone numbers or email addresses of our Troop counselors, or simply make contact with the counselor you would like to work with at a Troop meeting. Remember, in addition to selecting a counselor, you need to download a copy of the appropriate merit badge worksheet at http://meritbadge.org and obtain a copy of the appropriate merit badge pamphlet , from the Troop Librarian, or from the Scout Shop. You can contact Mr. Best at any time for any questions related to your merit badge work.
You can also find the latest copy of the Merit Badge List on our Troop 88 Website under Advancement > Merit Badges
Members of Crew 88,
Here are the next 10 events that we are considering enjoying.
Nov 14) Mr. Cable will be attending training for Venture Crew Advisors. It would be ideal for the officers to attend the training for their positions on this same day if they are available.
Nov 21) Kyle H. Eagle Project. Everyone please plan to help Kyle. (Q’s? Ask Kyle!)
Nov 22) Eagle Court of Honor for Wes D., 1:30pm, PEPC.
Dec 15) Troop 88 Christmas party. Eat some cookies!
Dec 19) Go skiing at Copper Mtn? School will be out then. I’m looking for details about how to get the discounted tickets ahead of time.
Dec 31) If you want to work at PV (or Tahosa!) next summer, get your application turned in before Jan 1!
Jan 2) Broomball hockey. 9pm, South Suburban Hockey rink (where it always is)(Let me know if you need a flyer for more details.)
Jan 9) Snowsnake Rendevous.
Feb 7) Superbowl party.
Mar 5-7) Okpik! (If you need some warm clothes, and insulated boots and such, BE SURE to let Santa know!)
You won’t want to miss this!
We will have Webelos visiting us from Pack 16, and other Webelos/Troops to attend Mr Johnston’s program about the Antarctica Program. Find out what its like to be at the South Pole!
We need the following to attend:
2. Color Guard and IS SHARP
3. Troop Patrol Board up to date and on display
4. Leadership positions posted on board: Sr staff, bugler, chaplain aide, guides, den chiefs, quartermaster, scribe, historian, librarian…
5. Game beforehand? A quick song or skits? something fun
6. Mr. Hopwood from The House of Fear will be attending coming
7. Brent W. will receive his Eagle patch
You won’t want to miss this action pack Tuesday event!
Troop 88 –
· We have a need for an adult in the FALCON Patrol to step up to be the patrol advisor! (please let Mr. Schmidt know if you are interested)
· The troop held Patrol Leader and Asst Patrol Leader elections have been completed, if you were selected Patrol Leader or Asst. Patrol Leader – please send an email to Mr. Schmidt and your patrol advisor that you have been elected and that you are willing to take on this position for the next 6 months.
· There are plenty of other Troop 88 Leadership positions available, and even more of you that need a position for advance ranks. Please consider taking on one of the following positions. Please talk to Mr. Skalisky if you are interested in one of these positions (Mr. Skalisky will also let the troop know if I have missed any positions that he would like the troop to fill). Also, if/when you are selected/nominated by Mr. Skalisky for one of these troop leadership positions, please let Mr. Schmidt know, so that he can ensure you receive credit in the troop software.
o Chaplain Aide
o Troop Historian
· NOTE: scouts and adults – if/when you complete any training classes, please let Mrs. Yost know the following: Who/What/When/ – so that you and the troop receive credit for taking/completing the course.