Ice Fishing @ Evergreen Lake UPDATE!
To all who signed up for ice fishing this Saturday, Jan. 22nd,
We will be meeting at the park-n-ride at Lincoln and Jordan Rd. just west of McDonalds around 8:45am and leaving around 9:00am. There are two ways of getting to Evergreen Lake and drivers will need to choose best route.
1. Take 470 west around to I-70.
Turn to take I-70 west to Evergreen Parkway Exit 252 towards CO 74
Merge onto CO 74 E (travel about 7.5 miles)
Evergreen Lake is 0.2 mile past Upper Bear Creek Rd.
2. Take 470 west to Morrison Rd. exit
Turn west onto W. Morrison Rd./ Bear Creek Ave.
Stay on this through town of Morrison, turns into CO 74 (Bear Creek Rd.)
Stay on Bear Creek Road (through Kittredge) until reaching Evergreen (lake will be on left side)
* Skyhawk patrol will supply bait and jigs for fishing.
* Skyhawks will have hot chocolate and a warming heater if needed
* We do have buckets and chairs for sitting
* Must have a fishing license if 16 or older
* Please bring a fishing pole if you have one (we do have some extras available)
* Please wear proper clothing (layers) including warm footwear (not tennis shoes)
* Bring a lunch with you or the skating house should be open (find out that morning) for snacks to purchase
* Skating should be available, costs for skating are: skate rental $6.00, adult for the day $5.00, youth for the day $4.75 (If anyone wants to skate, must have a leader
or parent to go with you, and have a buddy)
Hope everyone who signed up can make it. See those who can Saturday morning.
Any questions, please call 303.805.8783 Thursday evening and most of Friday.