New Scout Campout, April 29th/30th @ the PEPC Firepit
New Scout Campout, April 29th/30th @ the PEPC Firepit – Mr. Bepristis is planning our campout, moc.liamtohnull@sitsirpebd.
This is a learning weekend for the boys. Parents are invited and encouraged to come campout with us. We may put you to work however!
Boys, read pages 39-41 in your handbook. There’s a place for you to record this weekend’s campout. You might also want to read about camping, first aid and being outdoors.
- Arrive around 5:00pm in CLASS A UNIFORM with Class B or teeshirt underneath. Have the boys fed before arrival – NO DINNER IS PLANNED. The boys will select their campsites, put their site together. We’ll have a Crackerbarrel event that evening (skits/songs) and discussion of the weekend.
- Saturday morning the boys will be doing multiple learning stations.
- Home after 5:00pm.
Items he’ll need:
- 1 or 2 boys need to bring a tent
- Boy Scout Handbook (remember it goes to every scouting event you attend)
- Sleeping bag for camping out (doesn’t need a 0 degree, but 30 degree he’d be warmer)
- Sleeping pad
- Extra change of clothing (don’t be surprised if he doesn’t change his clothes, just throw him in the shower when he gets home).
- Comfortable hiking shoes or boots.
- Mess kit
- Water Bottle
- 10 essentials (have him look in the book)
- First Aid kit – I have some extraneous items he might add
- If he takes a knife he will not be using it and it should not be visible until he earns his Totem Chip, which will happen this weekend.
- Great attitude! This is the beginning of his Trail to Eagle. Having a eager attitude makes all our adventures so much more fun.
Other things you might be looking at investing in for future campouts (Peaceful Valley).
- Good sleeping bag
- Good cot
- Wool socks
- 10×10 tarp
- Rubbermaid or Sterilite Footlocker (water proof)
- Raingear (pants & jacket)