You are cordially invited to attend the
Eagle Court of Honor for
Friday August 9, 2013 @ 7:00pm
SE Christian Church
9650 Jordan Rd, Parker, CO 80134
Please join us for refreshments following the ceremony
Troop 88’s Fall Merit Badge Academy 2013
Invite another Scout from a different troop!
September 21, 2013
$5.00 Registration Fee.
Fundraising for Troop 88′s Merit Badge Library
Registration 8:15am – 8:50am.
Class Begins @ 9:00am SHARP!!
Located @ St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church
19580 Pilgrims Place, Parker
We request that you help feed our scouts & scouters the way we always do - POTLUCK!
Please bring a kid friendly main dish for the scouts to share and a salad or dessert.
Troop 88 scouts interested in a merit badge book?
Contact our Troop Librarian.
Registration deadline: September 18, 2013.
Questions??? Contact Mrs. Moncier - moc.liamgnull@reicnomrefinnej
9:00am – 12:00pm
Citizenship in the Nation
1:00pm – 3:00pm
Search & Rescue
Citizenship in the World
Citizenship in the Community
Soil & Water Conservation
Patrols and Meals
We will be having a break out session closer to the hike and divide into patrols to doing meal planning.
What to wear hiking:
- Hat with brim
- Broken in hiking boots with wicking socks
- Pants (removable leggings) or shorts and something windproof for legs.
- Daypack containing:
- 10 essentials
- 1-2 liters of water
- Polar fleece or light jacket
- Light waterproof rain parka
- Lightweight gloves for warmth
- Sunscreen, chapstick
- Medicine for headache and stomach ache
- Snacks – high protein (granola, trail mix, jerky, power bars, etc.)
- Camera (optional)
How to Prepare:
- Get in shape! The better shape you are in the higher your chances are of making the summit. Any activity is good, but especially biking, hiking and running.
- Start drinking lots of fluids 1 to 2 days before the hike; the more the better!! This does not mean soda!
- Eat a high carb meal such as pasta the night before and bananas the morning of the hike.
- Drink and snack frequently during the hike and before you feel hungry or thirsty
- One or more of the boys might decide to turn around and that’s ok. Climbing 14ers is hard!