Comments Off on Eagle Court of Honor – Tanner C.
You are cordially invited to attend the
Eagle Court of Honor for
Friday August 9, 2013 @ 7:00pm
SE Christian Church
9650 Jordan Rd, Parker, CO 80134
Please join us for refreshments following the ceremony
Comments Off on Fall Merit Badge Academy
Troop 88’s Fall Merit Badge Academy 2013
Invite another Scout from a different troop!
September 21, 2013
$5.00 Registration Fee.
Fundraising for Troop 88’s Merit Badge Library
Registration 8:15am – 8:50am.
Class Begins @ 9:00am SHARP!!
Located @ St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church
19580 Pilgrims Place, Parker
We request that you help feed our scouts & scouters the way we always do – POTLUCK!
Please bring a kid friendly main dish for the scouts to share and a salad or dessert.
Troop 88 scouts interested in a merit badge book?
Contact our Troop Librarian.
Registration deadline: September 18, 2013.
Questions??? Contact Mrs. Moncier – moc.liamgnull@reicnomrefinnej
9:00am – 12:00pm
Citizenship in the Nation
1:00pm – 3:00pm
Search & Rescue
Citizenship in the World
Citizenship in the Community
Soil & Water Conservation
Patrols and Meals
We will be having a break out session closer to the hike and divide into patrols to doing meal planning.
What to wear hiking:
- Hat with brim
- Broken in hiking boots with wicking socks
- Pants (removable leggings) or shorts and something windproof for legs.
- Daypack containing:
- 10 essentials
- 1-2 liters of water
- Polar fleece or light jacket
- Light waterproof rain parka
- Lightweight gloves for warmth
- Sunscreen, chapstick
- Medicine for headache and stomach ache
- Snacks – high protein (granola, trail mix, jerky, power bars, etc.)
- Camera (optional)
How to Prepare:
- Get in shape! The better shape you are in the higher your chances are of making the summit. Any activity is good, but especially biking, hiking and running.
- Start drinking lots of fluids 1 to 2 days before the hike; the more the better!! This does not mean soda!
- Eat a high carb meal such as pasta the night before and bananas the morning of the hike.
- Drink and snack frequently during the hike and before you feel hungry or thirsty
- One or more of the boys might decide to turn around and that’s ok. Climbing 14ers is hard!