Comments Off on Vedauwoo Climbing Merit Badge and Family Campout 2012
Here is the info for Vedauwoo, bring merit badge worksheet if working on merit badge. All RSVP ASAP so I can make sure we have enough seatbelts– drivers – I need seat belt totals. Of course I forgot the sign up sheet Tuesday night so EMAIL!!!!
Here is the link for the med form http://www.denverboyscouts.org/openrosters/ViewOrgPageLink.asp?LinkKey=12237&orgkey=1704
Don’t print and bring me 27 pages – only part A & B – no Dr. signature.
Final planning Tuesday 5/22/12 meals, lone scout patrol…..
Travel in class A’s
Email me with questions (not too many)
New Scout Campout is coming up, May 4, 5 &6 near Castlewood Canyon. All new scouts are HIGHLY encouraged to attend to work on rank advancements Tenderfoot through 1st Class and have loads of fun! A sign up sheet will be at the April 24th & May 1st meeting or you can contact Mr. Moncier (ten.tsacmocnull@reicnomrj) if you plan to attend.
Meet @ PEPC by 5pm, Friday May 4th. Please eat dinner before arriving, we will not be cooking the first night. Please bring medical forms. NO MEDICAL FORM – NO CAMPING!!!!!
Contact Mr. Moncier for further information – ten.tsacmocnull@reicnomrj
Denver Area Council Camporee
September 21-23, 2012
Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch
Mark your calendars, pull out the party blowers and get ready for a weekend of excitement as you participate in an event so big, it only comes around every 100 years! The Denver Area Council is turning 100 years old in 2013 and is throwing a birthday bash so epic; it requires an entire weekend of jam-packed fun to contain all the festivities! You and your scouts are invited to join us in the celebrations by attending the Council Camporee on September 21-23, 2012, located at Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch.
The 2012 Council Camporee is the official kick-off event of the 100th Anniversary of the Denver Area Council – hence the theme “The 100”. Accordingly, we have planned more than 100 activities/events for your scouts to prepare for and enjoy: exciting programming that has made the Denver Area one of the premier Boy Scout councils in the country.
Friday, September 21 – Sunday, September 23, 2012
Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch; Elbert, CO
Who May Participate
- Family Camp – the whole family is invited to camp and participate in events starting Saturday morning. Cost = $25/Cub Scout, $25/family member, children under 5 free. ($20 if registered by August 31, 2012).
- Click here for Family Camp Registration.
- Webelos – Webelos can camp with a Boy Scout Troop if they are sponsored by the troop and have a parent with them, or they can Family camp. To camp with a troop you must be registered by the troop, and the cost is $20/person (registration fee increases after August 31, 2012 ).
- Day Visitors – Not sure if you want to spend a night or the whole weekend, come for the day!. Cost for Day Visitors is $15 (fee increases after August 31, 2012). Participate in all the Saturday activities and head home after the Arena Show Saturday night. Food will be available for purchase or bring a picnic.
- Click here for Day Visitor Registration.
Be sure to check out the Cub Scouts Leaders Guide!
Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, Venturers
- Camping by Troop/Team/Crew – Come stay Friday and Saturday nights to experience all that The 100!has to offer. Camp sites are assigned by District and will be reserved by priority order of when the troop signs up and pays a $100 deposit. Register as a troop (don’t forget your Webelos), Team or Crew by August 31. To maintain your priority campsite and to complete registration, full fee of $20/person is due by August 31. (fee increases after that date).
- Click here for Troop Registration. (Troops must create an account and log-in to register. Please remember to save your log-in id and password to make future payments or registration changes.)
- Day Visitors – Not sure if you want to spend a night or the whole weekend, come for the day!. Cost for Day Visitors is $15 (fee increases after August 31). Participate in all the Saturday activities and head home after the Arena Show Saturday night. Food will be available for purchase or bring a picnic.
- Click here for Day Visitor Registration.
Be sure to check out the Boy Scout/Varsity/Venturing
Denver Area Council
2012 Scout Show
April 28, 2012
year Troop 88 will have a First Aid Booth.
Scouts; Tiger thru Eagle will come by our booth, see multiple First Aid
demonstrations from you, then build the basics of a Personal First Aid Kit.
We need to
begin collecting the following items:
Band aids tape
4×4 gauze pads Non-Latex gloves
This is a
project for the entire troop. Scouts,
Moms & Dads!
our booth the best at the Scout Show to win:
Outstanding Booth Appearance – Creativity, Appearance, Participation
Outstanding Scout Spirit – Knowledge of Exhibit; degree of youth involvement Demonstration
Use “Be Prepared” and provide and Adventurous activity for the participants.
Mrs. Moncier or Mrs. Crowder for details
Comments Off on Pioneer Trails District Winter Klonderee
Pioneer Trails District
February 24, 25, & 26, 2012
Camp Tahosa – Ward, CO
Contact Mr. Bender @ ten.tsacmocnull@8220gnak
Plan now to continue the 2nd Century of Scouting by being among the “FROZEN CHOZEN”!!!! It will be a Klonderee Adventure you won’t soon forget!
There’s cold in them thar hills!!
And you best plan to be there . . .else you’ll miss out on the winter adventure of a lifetime!
We will go
We will love it
We will become
Pioneer Trails District Winter Klonderee
Feb 24-26, 2012
Scouts will be ‘Beating the Freeze’ for winter adventure as they participate in some Freezing Fun events to include: Extreme Freeze Fishing, Frozen Noze Hockey, Frozen Toe Snowshoeing & Beyond, Slaying the Frozen Barr Muzzleloader Shootout (13 years and older Scouts with an additional $3 fee)(Limit of 10 boys per hour. Fee must be paid by February 10, 2012 to get a slot, first paid, first slotted until all slots are filled), Tahosa Freeze Cross-Country Ski Trek (Slots are limited to 15 boys per two hour session with an additional $3 fee per boy, skis and guides are provided. Fees must be paid by February 10, 2012 to get a slot. A Cross Country Ski race will take place at the end of the day), Freeze Kneez Orienteering Challenge with an optional Snowshoeing Orienteering Competition, Freeze Zone Sled Race, and Sailing on the Freeze Competition.
- Come early on Friday the 24th and receive instruction on building your own Quinzee/Igloo Snow Shelter (Class starts at 4pm). Individual and Patrol/Troop Awards will be given for all Races and Competitions. Special recognition will also be given for specific activities.
Helmets ( not included in above package) $7.00 per day
Calling all Scouts, Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts!
Meet JIM PRESTEL,
One of the First Minnesota Vikings when team started in 1961
at Troop 88 Meeting.
Tuesday, January 24
PEPC (Parker Evangelical Presbyterian Church)
Comments Off on Scout Family Ski Days @ Copper Mountain
December 10, 2011 & December 17, 2011
$30 gets you *Great Skiing
*Lunch & a
*Private Meeting Place
Where: Copper Mountain Ski Area
When: Saturday, December 10, 2011 & Saturday, December 17, 2011
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Light Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the
Village Square Meeting Rooms
Cost:$30.00 for each participants regardless of age. Includes: lift ticket and food. Make checks payable to Richard Hansen
Great Food – Lots of it! Chili, Soda Pop,
Mountain High Yogurt, Chips, Sweets, Pasties, Treats, etc. Thank you sponsors.
Download the Scout Family Ski Days information and registration pages
Denver Area: Everyone is welcome to participate in these annual ski events. Now in our 16th year, we had a record 5,200 participants last year. This event is for boys and girls and their families.
Comments Off on Annual Parker Christmas Carraige Parade
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!
Troop 88 has been asked to participate in the Annual Parker Christmas Carraige Parade!
The event will be Saturday, Dec. 10 at 2 p.m. We will meet between 1-1:30pm at the Mainstreet Center then, we’ll be carrying the banners in front of Horse Participants.
This is a fun event and a great honor that the town asks us each year to participate. Please mark you calendars and plan to attend.
Comments Off on Troop 88 Annual Christmas Party Potluck
Troop 88 Annual Christmas Party Potluck
Tuesday, December 6 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Parker Evangelical Presbyterian Church9100 East Parker Road Parker, CO 80138
Please bring the following food item to the potluck:
A-C: Bring cornbread to serve 15
D-N: Bring chili
O-S: Bring a dessert to serve 15
T-Z: Bring a side dish to serve 15
Drinks and paper service will be provided.
Scouts can participate in an optional $10 gift exchange; please bring your gift wrapped.