Mr. Johnson will be hosting a First Aid Merit Badge on Sunday, 13 November 2011.
When: 1:00 PM
Where: PEPC Garage
What to bring: Your First Aid Kit, the First Aid Merit Badge Worksheet, your BSA Handbook.
If you did not sign up at the last Troop Meeting, you can contact Mr. Johnson to find out if he still has space available.
Geocaching merit badge class on Saturday, November 5th, 2011 from 8:45am – 1:00pm. The class will be held at:
Before the class please complete the following:
- With your parent’s permission, go to www.Geocaching.com
- Watch the “What is Geocaching?” video located on the Home Page
- Register for a FREE basic membership
i. Click on “Getting Started” on the left side of the Home Page
ii. Click on “Basic Membership”
iii. Click on “Get a Basic Membership”
iv. Enter all necessary information (required fields are indicated with an *)
v. Click on “Create My Account”
vi. An email will be sent to the email address you provided; the email will include a validation link. Open the e-mail received from Geocaching and click the link to validate your account
- Please take note of the following:
- Log-In Name
- Once you’ve validated your account, log into www.Geocaching.com using your new Log-In Name and Password to insure they are working
i. Take some time to look around the website to learn a little bit more about the website in general
Bring your log-in name and password for www.Geocaching.com, the attached Geocaching worksheet and a GPS (if you have one) with you to class.
Take note of the weather on November 5th; we will be outside (regardless of the weather) looking for Geocaches; be prepared and dress appropriately! Lastly, you will be unable to complete the Geocaching Merit Badge during this class session as requirements 8a, 8b, 8c, 8d (whichever you choose) and 9 will need to be completed on your own.
Parents – you are welcome to stay for the class. FYI – I will have other adults helping with the class; therefore, the meeting will have adequate “2 deep” leadership.
Contact Mrs. Hendrick for location.
Sun. Union St. boat chutes on Platte River (map)
There is an opportunity for the boys to earn the coin collecting merit badge. There are two portions and you need to attend both in order to earn the entire merit badge.
1) 5:00-6:00pm Tuesday, July 5, 2011 at PEPC. A representative from the Denver Mint will come to PEPC to give a presentation and work on the merit badge.
2) 10:30 am Wednesday, July 13th for a tour of the Denver Mint. We have a maximum of 40 spots for the tour so I would like to restrict this to scouts and chaperones only. Don’t be late, the tour starts promptly. There is no drop off in front of the mint and parking can be problematic so give yourself plenty of time. There is a gift shop. Please let me know if you can drive. Wear your class A uniform. RSVP to me if you would like to attend.
3) Prerequisites are items #5, #6, #9
Here is a great merit badge opportunity, especially for our younger scouts, even our brand new scouts. Older scouts too, this is a quick, easy and FUN badge. The Rocky Mountain Toy Train Show is having a spring show this year on the weekend of March 19-20. This is a fun event for the whole family. Boy scouts, girl scouts, cub scouts in uniform and kids under 12 get in free. Adults in uniform may get in free too or at least at a reduced price. Almost the entire Railroading merit badge will be completed at the show.
Go to: http://www.rmtts.com/Boy_Scouts_RR_Merit_Badge.htm for more information.
I will need to know as soon as your registration is accepted so that I know how many Blue Cards to obtain from Mrs. Harger. Apparently, I am our Troop’s only registered Merit Badge counselor for the Geology Merit Badge. This Merit Badge is completed in one day and is a lot of work but a lot of fun, too.
I will expect all Troop 88 Scouts to arrange their own transportation and arrive in Class A uniforms (scarves are not required) with worksheets preprinted and ready to complete.
Please feel free to contact me with questions. moc.nsmnull@130432LB or 303-506-5471.
Sincerely Yours in Scouting,
Pioneer Trails Merit Badge College
The college is online and ready for you to sign up and register. Please understand that if you have questions on registration or need to make changes there may be a delay in the response to your questions/needs.
Please note the college is hosting a CPR training and a Merit Badge Counselor Training.
The Merit Badge College Committee
If there are plans to begin a new Merit Badge Class, PLEASE contact Mr. Best for prior approval and Mrs. Moncier to place information on the website!
For those working on American Heritage Merit Badge, we will continue during breakout at January 4th meeting.