There isn’t going to be a meeting next Tuesday December 10 or December 24 or December 31.
Dec 17 - There is a Christmas party coming up on the 17 of December it is starting at 6:30 and ending at 8:30 it is taking place @ P.E.P.C church. For more information read the E-mail from Mrs. Hendrick and Mrs. Schullhoff. It is potluck and there is going to be a $5 white elephant gift exchange(this is optional). Ugly sweaters or other unique holiday clothes are Encouraged!
Dec 17 - We will be collecting new unwrapped toys for Toys For Tots at the party on 17th. Important–NO toy guns.
Contact Mr. Beschman.
Dec 6 - JLT – Juinor Leader Training-overnight meeting this Friday December 6-7. It starts at 6pm includes breakfast on Saturday. Eat dinner before coming and bring your own snacks. if you want to sleep outside bring a tent and prepare for the possibiltiy of the temps being below 0. (POLAR BEAR patch) . Class A for Friday and favorite class B for Saturday.
Dec 14 - Parker parade-On the 14 December, troop 88 is marching and holding banners. Meet at 11:30am near the PACE center on the corner of Pine Drive and Mainstreet.
Jan 7 - Next meeting and PLC
IMPORTANT – Starting Jan 1 the Cooking MB changes so if you have started working on it finnish it while it is easier. It becomes a eagle required next year.
IMPORTANT – Contact Mr. Stearns if you are interested in becoming a troop guide for the new incoming scouts.
Troop 88 here are this meetings notes
12th Mothers Day
Mrs. Palmore is running the Carnation handout
Sign-up with her
Location is the Parker Farmer’s Market (Main Street)
14th Troop Committee meeting
18th Armed Forces day – Make sure to give thanks to all who defend our country!
18th Colin G. Eagle Project!!!
10:00 to when finished
Building garden boxes and a compost bin
Rides are available
21st Regular Troop meeting
24th-27th Climbing Adventure
See Mr. Krey for details
This is annual Vedavoo Family campout in Wyoming
Family campout means no Patrol cooking
No food is provided
If you aren’t part of the Troop, you are welcome to come, but a waiver form is needed
Climbing Merit Badge opportunity
Cycling as well
28th Regular Troop meeting
Covered at the third meeting this month
Mr. Townsend has details
Ms. Law still has awards come pick them up if you need them
PV – If you want to go, contact Mr. Rose immediately and see Mr. Garin to pay for camp
15th Parker Days Parade
Parade start at 10:00 am
Wear your Class A Uniform
Meet at the PACE Center at 9:00 am
6/8 Firearms safety class
Mr. Sims has details
Must sign up very soon
Mr. Sims e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Troop 88,
Here are today’s scribe notes.
April 30th at 7:00pm we have our troop fun night at xtreme challenge arena
Sign up on the signup sheet
$20 dollars per person for an hour and a half
April 27th 10:00am to 4:00 pm is the Scout Show
Scout cards due next Tuesday
Help is needed!
Tonight was night 2 of Mr. Johnson’s First Aid merit badge
Mr. Bender still has class-B shirts and hats
May 3rd New scout campout
For new scouts and older scouts
HIGHLY recommended for new scouts
If you still have requirements for your merit badges from the college go to the T88 website and look through the counselors until you find who your’re looking for
In 2014: The cooking merit badge will be eagle required and several badges will be modified. See meritbadge.org for specifics
Alex needs help with his eagle project!
On 4/20 starting at 4:30 and 4/27 starting at 10:00
He will send out more details and there will be food there
July 14th through 20th is PV the $130 due must be paid by the end of the month
There are still 2 spots left for the National Jamboree in West Virginia
The OA conclave is this weekend
Bring warm clothes
Also we have been reminded to keep the families that fell victim to the bombs in Boston close to our hearts and pray for them.
Hey Troop 88!
- April 4th- OA Meeting at LDS Church north of Chaparral, if you have just been accepted into OA there will be another callout for you so make sure to come
- April 9th- Committee Metting
- April 13th- Pioneer Trails Merit Badge College at 7:30am: If you want to know more about it visit the District’s website, just a reminder to find out about any pre-requisites you need to complete before going to the college by the link to sign-up is a link to all the merit badges and the pre-reqs. If you want to complete the merit badge at the college make sure all these requisites are completed.
- April 16- Troop Meeting: 6:30pm to 8:00pm
- April 23- Troop Meeting: 6:30pm to 8:00pm ALL SCOUT SHOW CARD MONEY DUE
- April 27-Scout Show: 10am-4pm at the National Western Stock Show Complex. Our troop’s booth will be the Burp Saloon where we will be selling Root Beer so make sure you sign up to help
- May 3-5 New Scout Campout-At same place it was held last year, more details to come
- If you are interested in going to Camp Dobbins this year make sure you meet with Mr.Rose to get the packet with more information
Hey guys these are the last scribe notes I’ll be doing and they are also tonights.
-The troop 88 25year badges came in so if you preordered one they are available for you to get, if you did not order one before hand the extras are on a first come first serve basis so get them whil you can because I’m sure they’ll be gone soon.
- Go see crazy for you at Legend Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7:00 also those days at Ponderosa those same days is singing in the rain.
- Year of the knot is still going on so make sure you practice your knots so that you can become a knot master.
- A new scout named Wyatt joined our troop so make sure to make him feel welcome.
- If you want you can sign up the Young Eagles flight for the aviation merit badge. If you don’t get in it this time you will probably be able to do it in September.
-March 15 is a magic show if you want tickets scouts are free and Mr. Ski has tickets so email Mr. Ski if you want them. for all the sales that come from the tickets that the adults buy $5 will be donated to the troop.
Hey guys here are the meeting notes from tonight, it was short so there aren’t many.
This weekend is A-Basin and tonight was the last night to sign up. I’m fairly certain they are not accepting any more people.
Tonight was the last night for rank advancement and merit badges so that you would get them at the court of honor
Please send Mr. Schmidt an email resume for the senior position you want.(SPL, ASPL, Scribe, etc…)
Troop Elections are next meeting
Our troop was third for the amount of eagles in the entire district with 15 though we did tie with another troop.
Mr Schmidt was sick so Mr. Schmidt I hope you feel better for the next meeting.
Hey guys these are tonights meeting notes,
A-Basin weekend is March 13 see Mr. Johnson for more details.
Mrs. McClure has the King Supers Cards
Some people still still have a $200 deposit to make for Camp Cherry Valley. See Mr. Garin if you do.
Troop 88 elections are almost here so make sure that if you want a leadership position that Mr. Schmidt has your resume so you can replace our current people. Last I heard there was no SPL so if you have wanted to be the SPL for a while now is your chance.
March 25th if you’re working on your Citizenship in the Community merit badge then the town council meeting is that night.
Hey guys these are tonights scribe notes from tonight.
- The Klonderee meeting was tonight, patrols were formed and food for the weekend was chosen. If you were not at the meeting to get a patrol tonight then you have been assigned one of the three patrols.
- If you are not sure if you E-Mail Mr. Garin to see if you are still in the troop.
- If you plan on going to Rockin’ & Jammin’ you need to fill out the waiver from their website unless you regularly go there.
- February 9 is the MB college, sign up be February 2 by sending an E-Mail to Mrs. Moncier.
- Stepping back at bit to February 4 there will be a few new scouts crossing over, we need 8 scouts I think though I do not know who you contact if you would like to help.
- Aaron (the chaplains aide) created a prayer box, where you can put in a specific prayer you would like him to do for family and friends.
- It’s the Year of the Knot and adults wish older scouts to assist the younger scouts with the knots, and for the younger scouts to ask for the help.
- Mr. Ski got a nice present of all his scouting experiences.
- Troop 88 got two ‘the best’ awards: the best place to take your kids, and the best non profit organization.
- February 10, the weekend after Klonderee is Scout Sunday, it’s super fun and we need lots of scouts, we’ll be making donuts again.
My congratulations to Mr. Schmidt on his first meeting as the Scout Master.
-Mr. Ski retired =( but Mr. Schmidt is becoming the new Scout Master yay! = )
-We are a good and we are what make us good so lets be good to Mr. Schmidt.
-All the leaders are halfway through their terms and so all the Patrol Leaders need to send out PLC notes or they wont get credit also Mr. Schmidt’s one requirement to get credit is send him the e-mail as well for this month next and March.
-No meeting next week for scouts it’s a comity meeting.
-January 22 we start the knots for the year of the knot. Try your hardest and I hope to see all you Knot Masters prove your skills.
-Rockin’ and Jamin’ may be the fun night, $12 for admission and another $10-$11 for renting gear. You must sign up next scout meeting if you have not already because if you don’t unless you arrive before 3:30 you’re going to be paying more. Also this is going to be an early fun night 3:30 to whenever.
-February 1-3 is Klonderie at Golden Gate Park and it will probably be cold so pack accordingly.
-Mr. Ski has 2 50below military sleeping bags for $140 a piece, these sell on the internet for $300 so if you want one contact him soon.
CONGRATULATIONS TO MR. SCHMIDT ON BECOMING THE NEW SCOUT MASTER. MAY YOU BE A GREAT SCOUT MASTER.