Mr. Johnson talked about cold weather gear and being prepared. Shorts in the snow isn’t really being prepared!
Mrs. Moncier held break-out sessions to go over first aid essentials.
Matt J. talked about TLT/JLT. He will be conducting the training on December 2 and 3. Friday night will be training and movies and DODGE BALL! Saturday will be planning activities for the next year. Please bring lots of great ideas for stuff to do. Please also think about adults who can help lead the outings.
Mrs. Hendricks will be hosting a geo caching merit badge class at her house. They are near 13 acres so there is lots of room to do the merit badge. Andy M. and Ian H. will be helping. Please contact her to sign up. All requirements except 8 and 9 will be done.
Josh announced that there is an adult who has two pairs of shorts and one pair of pants free for a good home. They are a 42 inch waist. Josh has the contact information.
Zach announced that with the snow the maze may need repair on Thursday after school. The maze may be very muddy and slippery so safety will be important. Make sure to dress for the cold weather during the repair and the haunt night. Make sure to sign up for either fixing the maze or haunting. Make sure to also write down nights that you have worked so you get credit.
Mr. Ski reminded everyone that it is after Labor Day. Women don’t wear white but Scouts wear scarves. Make sure you wear your neckerchief! He said we did a good job on flags tonight. Great job to everyone who participated. Everyone needs to make sure to finish their patrol flags. Mr. Ski wants to see them all at the meetings. He also wants us to think really hard about events for the next year to talk about at JLT. We are the ones who make the Troop great so we need to plan good stuff.
Mr. Best was back this week. He talked about Honor Flight and how he and Mr. Ski’s son helped with this. Honor Flight allows military veterans to come to Washington DC to visit places like the World War II memorial, the Iwo Gima memorial and Arlington National Cemetery. All of the veterans are treated with a hero’s salute!
Mr. Ski talked about how cool Mr. Best is for hanging out with a bunch of Private 1st Class guys since Mr. Best is a two star General! Mr. Ski also said Mr. Best is a low key guy and it was really cool to see him in his uniform driving the Privates around in his own car.
Mr. Guard, I think, said thank you for all of the letters that the Troop wrote to his dad. His dad was on the Honor Flight. He also said how cool it was to see the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts welcome everyone.
Mr. Souza had extra sleeping bags and sleeping pads that he found while cleaning out. He gave them away tonight to anyone who needed them. Thanks Mr. Souza!!
Troop 88 Scribe
The Eagle Eyes patrol did flags and they did an awesome job. Aaron did great with bugle. Thank you from Mr. Ski and all of us.
Anyone who wants to sign up for Camporee still can but it costs $14 now to go to Camporee. Talk to Mr. Bender about it.
If you aren’t going to Camporee this weekend, sign up for the Haunt nights at the maze. Talk to Zach Sertec about that. He’s in charge of the sign up and we need lots of people to help with that still. If you are not 13, you can still sign up but your parent has to be there with you. Friends and brothers and sisters can help too but they have to agree to go by the same rules as the rest of us. Zach has sent out emails so you can email him about helping if you weren’t there tonight to sign up.
No meeting next week for the troop committee meeting – that’s the parents meeting. Mr. Ski said if you want to be an Assistant Scoutmaster then you have to get training but parents can help on the committee too.
Mr. Ski said thank you to all of the patrol leaders who were at the PLC tonight. He said we were prepared and did a great job taking notes and to keep it up. He also said that the patrols should really work on their flags and he wants to see them double next week. Then we can start having patrol competitions. Mr. Ski reminded everyone that now that we ate the pig at the fall court of honor we need to start wearing our neckerchiefs as part of our uniform again. Please everyone remember to wear them.
Camporee patrols were made and those who are going have things they need to get done like food shopping. We made our menus in our patrols and made patrol leaders for Camporee. If you are going, you know who your patrol leader is and what you need to do to get ready.
We will meet at PEPC at 5:00 on Friday to leave for Peaceful Valley. We will be back on Sunday before noon. We need parents to drive. Please tell Mr. Bender if you can help. He sent out an email asking for parents to help drive. I don’t want to walk to Camporee with my backpack and tent and stuff.
At the end of the meeting Josh and the assistant senior patrol leaders handed out awards to those who were not at the fall court of honor.
Troop 88 Scribe
Comments Off on Troop 88 Scribe Notes – Sept 27, 2011
Troop 88 Scribe Notes – Sept 27, 2011
Josh announced that the schedules will be posted by the door for all meetings. Sorry if there weren’t enough tonight.
Josh asked for all Troop Guides and Patrol Leaders to meet with him to discuss the schedule during the breakout.
Fall Camporee is in two weeks. It will be on Oct 7-9 at PV. Mr. Bender is in charge of Camporee. Please talk to him about signing up. Please also talk to Mr. Bender about who can drive and how many extra people you can take. All adults who will be camping need to have their Youth Protection Training completed. We also need all medical forms for campers.
Pre-camporee will not be a camp-out. It will be Saturday at Mr. Lutz’s house from 7 or 8 until 12. If you don’t know where Mr. Lutz lives, please contact him or Mr. Bender. Please dress appropriately for the weather since we will be outside. You don’t need to be in uniform for pre-camporee, just normal Saturday clothes.
All popcorn orders must be turned in by Oct 15 to Mrs. Hoaglin. Please email her with what you have sold and what you need ordered. Her email address is moc.qnull@nilgaohh.
Zach said there is one more work day for the maze – tomorrow starting at 4. Please show up to help!! Haunt nights start this Friday, Sept 30. Haunts are every Friday and Saturday until Halloween from 7 – 11 each night. You need to have your own costumes. No characters like Disney. We want to scare people! Bring warm clothes and a flashlight. We need at least 20 people every single night to haunt the maze. There are thousands of flyers that have Troop 88’s name all over them. We need to keep our commitment to Flat Acre Farms. We also need adults to help with security and admissions.
Mr. Ski wants to know where the Facebook page is to advertise this haunted maze!
Mr. Ski also said this is our third year doing this so we can’t let people down who have been before.
Morgan Miller was recently elected as the Section Chief for the OA Chapter for our section. This is a first for Troop 88! He also recently obtained his vigil for OA. Way to go Morgan!!!
Closing announcement from Josh was that everyone needs to do better with leadership. The Venturing Crew did an awesome job tonight with knots and lashings but people were disrespectful and left after only a few minutes. Scouts need to be more attentive to what their Patrol Leader is telling them.
Nando lead the Troop in a poetic prayer about faith and God’s leadership.
Troop 88 Scribe
Comments Off on Scribe Notes September 20, 2011
Troop 88 Scribe Notes September 20, 2011
Zach Sertic talked about the haunted maze. We still need help building it. We will work on it this week Wednesday from 4-7. Friday there is no school so we can work on it that day starting at 10am. We need at least 20 people per night to haunt the maze starting on September 30 so please sign up! We also need adults to work security and tickets.
Wreath Sales started tonight. Forms were handed out. We have until October 30th to get the forms turned in. There will be two Sunday’s at PEPC to sell wreaths. The 16th and the 23rd from 8:30am to about 12. Those who sign up should attend services too. Questions can be sent to the coordinator. Her email address is on the sheet handed out and her phone number too.
Mrs. Bepristis held a merit badge counselors training during the breakout for adults.
Mr. Garin reminded everyone about dues. 40 boys owe dues. 30 boys have money in their account. He also reminded everyone for the popcorn kernel that forms are due on October 15th.
Mr. Bender gave an update on Fall Camporee – Boot Camp! It will be October 7-9. There will be patrol competitions for things like boot javelin, boot ball, sponge wars, riffle shooting and geocache. Webelos are invited and will be part of the troop patrols. They can camp too but have to sleep with their parents. Medical forms are needed. Patrols will plan meals, shop and cook. Patrols will be planned later. It will cost $10 for camporee. Food costs are per patrol.
Pre-camporee will be the week before at Mr. Lutz’s house. More information later on that.
Mr. Lutz reminded adults about ITOLS on October 8th at Camporee. Adults can register for that online.
Mr. Decker went over how cool fall court of honor was. It was AWESOME! We ate a 200 pound pig and Mr. Albee was surprised. We earned over 300 merit badges! Let’s earn more for the next court of honor!
Alex made an announcement about a religious award class and there were 5 spots open for sign-up for the first 5 that came up.
For the breakout sessions, patrols were told to meet and talk about what they want to do for the next six months.
Jack T. Troop 88 Scribe
Scribe Notes 7/5/11
- 10th– 16th OA National Summit Corps
- 12th– Parent/Leadership Meeting- No scouts
- 19th– Reg. Troop Meeting Guest speaker, tying games
- 23rd-30th Green River Trip
- 26th– Troop Meeting with a Twist
Rest of July, the troop is learning to tie knots
PATROLS NEED TO HAVE A PATROL ACTIVITY THIS MONTH1!!!!!!!!!! MR. SKI DOESN’T LIKE BEING THE BAD GUY!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks
Scribe Notes 6/7/11
- 9th– Parker Days Sneak peak
- 9th– Pioneer Trails District Committee
- 10th – 12th Parker Days *
- 14th – Flag day
- 14th – Committee meeting
- 16th -Pioneer Trails District Commissioner
- 18th – Brian Yost’s Eagle Scout Court of Honor
- 19th -25th – Tahosa- If you haven’t paid, you can’t go
- 21st– Troop Meeting- guest speaker
- June 26th –July 2nd – Peaceful Valley- if you didn’t pay you can’t go
- 28th – TROOP MEETING CANCELLED!
- 1st -7th Philmont Trek
- 4th – Let Freedom Sing ( Mrs. Grubb)
- 5th– PLC meeting and Troop Meeting
- 8th – 10th Hornaday weekend
- 8th– Roundtable and OA meeting
- 12th-Committee Meeting
- 10th– 16th – OA National Summit Corps
- 19th– Troop Meeting
- 23rd -30th – Green River Floating trip
* We will be operating the parking lot along pine curve again this year. Hopefully the rain will stay away and we can make more than $10 this year. The lot will be open Friday 4:30 – 10pm; Saturday 7:30 am – 10 pm; and Sunday 8:30 am – 6 pm. We have been asked to provide free parking during the parade, but any car staying longer will be charged $5. Please sign up to volunteer during tonight’s meeting. You can contact Zach Sertic or Mrs. Grubb for any further questions.
Troop 88 Scribe
Scribe Notes Troop 88 May 17, 2011
- 24th – School’s Out – Troop meeting. Patrol reorganization. Everyone, be sure to attend!
- 27th-29th Vedauwoo camping weekend. Be sure to give Mr. Krey or Mr. Bender your medical form and Climbing release form.
- 30th Memorial day
- 31st Fun night pump it up 6-7:30p
- 7th PLC Troop Meeting
- 10th-12th Parker Days with Carnival Sneak Peak, June 9th
- 14th committee meeting
- 19th Father’s Day
- 21st summer solstice troop meeting
- 28th no meeting
- 19th-25th Tahosa
- 26th– July 2nd Peaceful valley
- 4th Independence Day and 30th Anniversary of Parker, “Let Freedom Sing”
- 5th PLC Troop Meeting
- 8th-10th Hornaday Award Weekend, contact Mrs. Moncier for information
Mountain Lions Patrol
Scribe Notes 5/3/11
- May 8th Mothers Day
- May 10th Committee Mtg
- May 17th Troop Meeting – Guest Speaker Jack Hilbert DC Commissioner @ 7pm
- May 21st ? Alpine Slide – Roadrunner Patrol?
- May 24th LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!! Troop Meeting
- May 25th ? Denver Mint – Mountain Lions?
- May 27th– 30th Vedauwoo Climbing weekend/ Family Camp-out Mr. Krey and Mr. Bender
- May 30th Memorial Day
- May 31st ? Fun Night? – Devin Milerowski
- June 2nd Roundtable
- June 4th ?Go Carting – Duct Tape Patrol?
- June 7th PLC meeting/Troop meeting
- June 8th ? Cave of Winds – Rattlesnake Patrol?
- June 10th– 12th Parker Days with Carnival Sneak Peak on 9th. T88 is helping and going to be in the Parade.
- June 14th Committee Meeting
- June 19th Fathers Day
- June 19th– 25th Tahosa (First 2 payments overdue, see Mr. Garin)
- June 21st Summer Solstice and Troop Meeting Possible Guest Speaker
- June 26th– July 2nd PV (First 2 payments overdue, see Mr. Garin)
- June 28th No Troop Meeting
- July 4th – Let Freedom Sing Event, sign up to sell glow sticks
- July 5th – PLC meeting/Troop meeting
- July 8-10 Hornaday Award Weekend – Mrs. Moncier leading
Other Stuff Dates TBA
- Town Council Meetings – volunteer for flags
- Movies at O’Brien Park during summer
- Parker Chamber Event – Golf at Black Bear Golf course
- PLEASE GET MEDICAL FORMS INTO MR. ROONEY OR MR. SOUZA FOR PV AND TAHOSA! IF YOU ARE DOING ANY SWIMMING ACTIVITIES AT PV OT TAHOSA PLEASE GET SWIM CHECK, this Sunday, May 8th. Watch for an e-mail about time!
Troop 88 , Scribe
Scribe Notes 4/19/2011
April 26th –Troop meeting
April 29th – April 30th– New Scout Camp-out
May 3rd – PLC/Troop meeting
May 17th – Swim Check- TENTATIVE
May 21st – Alpine Slide- TENTATIVE (Road Runners?)
May 24th –LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!- Troop Meeting
May 25th –Denver Mint Tour- TENTATIVE
May 27th– 29th Veedavoo Camp-out
May 30th -Memorial day
May 31st -Fun Night
June 2nd –Roundtable
June 4th -Go Carting- TENTATIVE- (Duct Tape?)
June 7th –PLC/Troop Meeting
June 8th -Cave of winds-TENTATIVE- (Rattlesnakes?)
June 11th -Geocaching/Orienteering- TENTATIVE
June 14th –Committee Meeting
June 19th – 25th Tahosa
June 21st -Troop Meeting
June 26th – July 2st Peaceful Valley
June 28th -Troop Meeting
A. Moncier, Troop 88 Scribe
4511 Scribe Notes
- Sat. 9th – Pioneer Trails Merit Badge college
- Tue. 12th – Committee meeting 6:30pm
- Sat. 16th – Scout show
- Sun. 17th – TENTATIVE Tree Lovers Arbor Day
- Tue. 19th – Troop Meeting
- Tue. 26th – Troop Meeting
- Fri 29th –Sat. 30th – New Scout camp-out @ PEPC(See Mrs. Moncier or Mr. Bepristis)
- Tue. 3rd – PLC and Troop meeting advancements
- Tue. 10th – Committee meeting
- Tue. 17th – Swim checks Troop Meeting
- Sat. 21st – Alpine Slide( Road Runners Patrol)
- Tue. 24th – Star Night
- Fri. 27th – Sun. 29th – Vedevoo Weekend
- Tue. 31st – Troop Fun Night- ? Movie Night
Other Troop Stuff
- Everyone, everyone needs a troop roster. If you don’t have one please e-mail Mr. Ski at moc.nsmnull@yksilakseoj
- If you have any ideas for a speaker to come and talk to the troop, please talk to Mr. Ski or the SPL
- If you want to have a patrol skit or song please sign up
- Work on your patrol plane rocket things for the Scout Show.
- FLAGS! We will have a break out to do them, if you and your patrol would like to plan one please sign out for a break out activity
- Patrols need to come up with new games, capture the flag is probably getting a bit boring for a few, and when you play any game remember, NO PARKING LOT!!
Troop 88 Scribe
Mountain Lions Patrol